Thursday, January 15, 2009

Frozen Man on a Motorcycle


Hey all, you may find it interesting to know that you can ride a motorcycle when it's 3 degrees out. The local motorcycle shop (Cruisin66 Cycles) is running its annual SnotSniffer challenge, awarding prizes to the rider with the picture showing him out riding on the coldest day in front of a thermometer. I decided to give it a try. Before my attempt, the leader "Brad" was at 4 degrees. Here’s my shot from 6:00 this morning. I was at Empire Bank at Valley Water Mill and Glenstone. I went out there, set up the tripod and shot it first and it was 4 degrees. It was so cold that I was happy to have tied and could race home! I went across the street to the gas station to unfreeze my fingers before I set out home. My fingers were numb from putting the equipment away. I told the clerk what I was up to -- I was talking proudly of my 4 degree ride. She pulled the cigarette from her wrinkled old mouth, looked at me, then looked out the front window at the bank sign and dryly said, “It’s 3 degrees now, hon.” She was right, the temperature dropped. So, I went over and repeated the excrutiatingly painful process. So there it is, 3 degrees, beating Brad and in the lead until some other brave soul posts his frozen face at http://www.cruisin66cycles.com/09sschallenge.htm.

1 comment:

Times And Chimes said...

BRR! My fiance and I ride but NOT TODAY! We'll be contacting you soon about a wedding booking!